At Church Aston Infant School we value the opinions of the children.
The School Council gives them a voice.
We believe that:
- Pupils have a right to be listened to.
- It is important that pupils are consulted when appropriate.
- A democratically elected School Council provides a structured opportunity for active pupil participation in decision-making within the school.
The School Council aims:
- To empower pupils to participate in their school community as active citizens.
- To promote a sense of responsibility and ownership of the school community.
- To give the children a 'voice' through the School Council representatives.
- To encourage children to care for school property by involving them in decision making processes.
- To foster and encourage positive and responsible attitudes and behaviour.
The School Council is made up of children from Reception to Year 2 and meets regularly
to discuss issues and plan school events and resources with Mrs Cusack.
Many of the suggestions made by the School Council are acted upon and help to make our school a happy and pleasant place to work and play.
Meeting Minutes 16th May 2017
1. The Hedge by the bridge is overgrown and needs cutting.
2. Write a letter.
3. Tabards for Safe and Secure Crew.
4. Story telling station.
1 & 2. Write a letter to Jill asking that they hedge be cut back by the bridge.
3. Ask Someone to put the litter picking equipment out more often on the playground.
Meeting Minutes 8th May 2017
School council discussed the Junior Street Champion Scheme and voted on assembly sessions available in school.
Workshop 1 - Your Streets
Workshop 2 - Recycle Races
Workshop 3 - Food Waste and the lunch box challenge.
Also discussed a story session for everybody.
Meeting Minutes 5th May 2017
During the school council meeting everyone cut out a litter bug saying 'Pick up Litter'.
Meeting Minutes 5th April 2017
1. We had lots of Litterbug drawings and a vote was taken for the best poster. The top 3 were submitted by Kristian (class 2), Jaxon (class2) and Scarlett (Class 1). It was suggested that the posters should be laminated and displayed.
2. Telford and Wrekin Services and Veolia are visiting School 8th May.
Meeting Minutes - 14th March 2017
1. Three scooters have arrived. We will write thank you letter to Mrs Reynolds and Friends of School.
2. Junior Street Champions pride officer was discussed.
3. Looked at Litter posters
4. Decided to use iPads to use iPads to take pictures of litter pickers.
When are we getting new scooters?
Mrs Cusack advised that they will be able to order new scooters once Mrs Reynolds is able to place orders which would be soon.
1. School Council shared Key words with the rest of the school and recorded their ideas for what each word meant for them. The words are Care, Learn and Fun and will form part of the ethos and vision for the school.
School Council representatives worked very hard at the cake sale to raise funds for the Red Nose Day appeal raising a fabulous £130.15.
All the School Council were asked to find out who would like to be a Playground Friend. Almost all the children wanted to do this and so a daily rota has drawn up.
It was lovely to see a group of children working with each other independently to create a beautiful chalk piece of artwork.