At Church Aston Infant School we value the opinions of the children.
The School Council gives them a voice.
We believe that:
- Pupils have a right to be listened to.
- It is important that pupils are consulted when appropriate.
- A democratically elected School Council provides a structured opportunity for active pupil participation in decision-making within the school.
The School Council aims:
- To empower pupils to participate in their school community as active citizens.
- To promote a sense of responsibility and ownership of the school community.
- To give the children a 'voice' through the School Council representatives.
- To encourage children to care for school property by involving them in decision making processes.
- To foster and encourage positive and responsible attitudes and behaviour.
The School Council is made up of children from Reception to Year 2 and meets regularly
to discuss issues and plan school events and resources with Mrs Cusack.
Many of the suggestions made by the School Council are acted upon and help to make our school a happy and pleasant place to work and play.
Thursday 2nd March 2017 Meeting Minutes
When are we getting new scooters?
Mrs Cusack advised that they will be able to order new scooters once Mrs Reynolds is able to place orders which would be soon.
Thursday 8th March 2017 Meeting Minutes
1. School Council shared Key words with the rest of the school and recorded their ideas for what each word meant for them. The words are Care, Learn and Fun and will form part of the ethos and vision for the school.
Friday 10th March Meeting Minutes
Tuesday 14th March Meeting Minutes
Red Nose Day Cake Sale
School Council representatives worked very hard at the cake sale to raise funds for the Red Nose Day appeal raising a fabulous £130.15.
All the School Council were asked to find out who would like to be a Playground Friend. Almost all the children wanted to do this and so a daily rota has drawn up.
It was lovely to see a group of children working with each other independently to create a beautiful chalk piece of artwork.